Scratch that. No I don't wish that. That might mean that I was an incredibly selfless person who was more motivated to do good than most human beings, but, that would also mean that I wouldn't be able to devote enough attention and time and resources to one, big, important cause.
Anyway. The point of this post is actually to complain about how many things I care about. I feel distracted, unable to focus. Maybe I need to narrow down or prioritize my passions; that way I could make sure I was actually dedicating enough of my attention to one or two things. Or maybe, I'm over-thinking this entirely too much.
List of things I wish I could make an impact or change in, donate to, serve the cause:
- Africa (top priority being medical needs/water sanitation/education)
- Sex-trafficking (all over the world. this issue in and of itself is huge. maybe start in the U.S.)
- Food and Nutrition (holistic nutrition, whole/real foods, traditional eating, EDUCATION)
- Children/Youth ministry (so many kids/teens EVERYWHERE are in need of love, support, Jesus)
- Drug/Alcohol abuse in youth (I've been in this scene a lot... I so wish I could educate parents or work with youth in this area)
- Drunk Driving (irritates me so much... gosh)
- Educating myself more
- Other "selfish" things I wish I could spend time on