Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Too Passionate?

Can a person be too passionate? Can a person care about too many things and want to make a difference in too many different areas of need? I feel like I am one of those people. There are so many things that I am so passionate about. Okay.... maybe not so passionate about so many things. I don't sit around all day thinking about how I could bring good change to the world in 20 different ways. I wish I did.
Scratch that. No I don't wish that. That might mean that I was an incredibly selfless person who was more motivated to do good than most human beings, but, that would also mean that I wouldn't be able to devote enough attention and time and resources to one, big, important cause.
Anyway. The point of this post is actually to complain about how many things I care about. I feel distracted, unable to focus. Maybe I need to narrow down or prioritize my passions; that way I could make sure I was actually dedicating enough of my attention to one or two things. Or maybe, I'm over-thinking this entirely too much.
List of things I wish I could make an impact or change in, donate to, serve the cause:

  1. Africa (top priority being medical needs/water sanitation/education)
  2. Sex-trafficking (all over the world. this issue in and of itself is huge. maybe start in the U.S.)
  3. Food and Nutrition (holistic nutrition, whole/real foods, traditional eating, EDUCATION)
  4. Children/Youth ministry (so many kids/teens EVERYWHERE are in need of love, support, Jesus)
  5. Drug/Alcohol abuse in youth (I've been in this scene a lot... I so wish I could educate parents or work with youth in this area)
  6. Drunk Driving (irritates me so much... gosh) 
  7. Educating myself more
  8. Photography
  9. Other "selfish" things I wish I could spend time on
But how the heck do I do it all? I can't. I guess I have to choose. Oh, and pretty much ABOVE ALL I would like to a wife and mother. Goodness. I'm super passionate (most passionate) about that. Dumb. I'm silly. Too many things to care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment