Saturday, August 6, 2011

My Summer Blessing

This summer I worked at an adventure Christian camp called Camp Eagle, and there I was blessed by my own personal cook, who made me an individual meal almost every meal time. Her name is Sarah Longenecker. She is amazing. Here are some photos of food I ate.



















Oh, and did I mention that she bought and shipped to me an entire box of cape cod potato chips (the only kind of chip that I can eat now)? The box had like 40 bags in it. And there were 4 different kinds. She is so amazing. The dishes ranged form really creative salads, many sauteed vegetables and meats, and even baked goods like a BROWNIE and one of the best pies I have ever tasted. Keep in mind that I am allergic to wheat, corn, rice, oats, dairy, soy, red meat, many vegetables, and a lot of fruit. She had to juggle all of my allergies, while keeping variety in my diet so that I didn't develop an allergy to everything she made me. Unfortunately I ended up developing allergies to around 10 new foods, so she was always kept on her toes. I was so blessed by her!    

No comments:

Post a Comment